Happy birthday Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams turned one year this week and Microsoft celebrated by giving us a glimpse of what’s coming for Teams in 2018.
- Cloud recording—Will provide one-click meeting recordings with automatic transcription and timecoding, enabling all team members the ability to read captions, search within the conversation, and playback all or part of the meeting. In the future, it will also include facial recognition, so remarks can be attributed to specific meeting attendees.
- Inline message translation—People who speak different languages will be able to fluidly communicate with one another by translating posts in channels and chat.
- Cortana voice interactions for Teams-enabled devices—Will enable you to easily make a call, join a meeting, or add other people to a meeting in Teams using spoken, natural language. This functionality will extend to IP phones and conference room devices.
- Background blur on video—The ability to blur your background during video calls will allow other meeting attendees to focus on you, not what’s behind you.
- Proximity detection for Teams Meetings—This feature will make it easy for you to discover and add a nearby and available Skype Room System to any meeting.
- Mobile sharing in meetings—Meeting attendees will be able to share a live video stream, photos, or the screen from their mobile device.
I’m especially looking forward to check out the inline message translation functionality. If that works smoothly that would be a fantastic functionality to have in multinational teams.