Tha language packs enables you to run sites with different languages on the same server
You can download the Language packs here.
Install Sharepoint 2010 language packs on Windows 7
To install the language packs for your development machine on Windows 7 you need to perform a couple of manual steps.
- Open a Command Prompt (cmd.exe) window on your computer
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the language packs
- Extract the Language Pack with “SharePointLanguagePack.exe /extract:C:\MyTempFolder”
- Open the config.xml file in C:\MyTempFolder\Files\Setup
- Add <Setting Id=”AllowWindowsClientInstall” Value=”True”/> to the <Configurations> section
- Save and close the file
- Now run setup.exe from C:\MyTempFolder
After installing the languagepack you should rerun the Sharepoint Products Configuration Wizard with default settings. You need to do this to complete the installation of the language pack.
Rerun the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard
- Click Start, point to All Programs, click Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, and then click SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard.
- On the Welcome to SharePoint Products page, click Next.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that alerts you that some services might have to be restarted during configuration.
- On the Modify Server Farm Settings page, click Do not disconnect from this server farm, and then click Next.
- If the Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Administration Settings page appears, do not change any of the default settings, and then click Next.
- On the Completing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard page, click Next.
- On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish.