Microsoft have made available language packs for both Sharepoint 2010 and Sharepoint Foundation 2010.
Tha language packs enables you to run sites with different languages on the same server
You can download the Language packs here.
2010 Server Language Packs for SharePoint Server 2010, Project Server 2010, Search Server 2010, and Office Web Apps 2010
Language Packs for SharePoint Foundation 2010
Install Sharepoint 2010 language packs on Windows 7
To install the language packs for your development machine on Windows 7 you need to perform a couple of manual steps.
- Open a Command Prompt (cmd.exe) window on your computer
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the language packs
- Extract the Language Pack with “SharePointLanguagePack.exe /extract:C:\MyTempFolder”
- Open the config.xml file in C:\MyTempFolder\Files\Setup
- Add <Setting Id=”AllowWindowsClientInstall” Value=”True”/> to the <Configurations> section
- Save and close the file
- Now run setup.exe from C:\MyTempFolder
After installing the languagepack you should rerun the Sharepoint Products Configuration Wizard with default settings. You need to do this to complete the installation of the language pack.
Rerun the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard
- Click Start, point to All Programs, click Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, and then click SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard.
- On the Welcome to SharePoint Products page, click Next.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that alerts you that some services might have to be restarted during configuration.
- On the Modify Server Farm Settings page, click Do not disconnect from this server farm, and then click Next.
- If the Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Administration Settings page appears, do not change any of the default settings, and then click Next.
- On the Completing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard page, click Next.
- On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish.
This is basically the same procedure thats used to install Sharepoint 2010 on a Windows 7 machine. See the following article on MSDN.
Setting Up the Development Environment for SharePoint 2010 on Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008
3 thoughts on “Install Sharepoint 2010 Foundation language pack on Windows 7”
Same procedure i am following, i ma try to install multiple language packs but i am facing problem like ” Language pack for sharepoint, Project server and office web apps 2010 – English encounter an error during setup” after installing the first language pack second onward i ma getting this.
Plz suggest the solution.
Thanks in advance.
I haven’t seen this problem my self so I’m not sure what the problem could be.
Have you rerun the Sharepoint Products Configuration Wizard after you installed the first languagepack? See the this procedure at Microsoft Technet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262108.aspx
Here is a post which tells installing SharePoint Foundation on Windows 7